Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BLOGS, SOCIAL NETWORKING, AND WEE ONES

Allright guys, I know it's been awhile but I'm back! I know you missed me. Currently, I'm taking an Ed Tech class (so to speak) and one of the discussion topics presented was this:

"Social Networking and "Blogs", "Online Journals", etc. are important for ALL users of the internet, but more so when we are using the internet for teaching children and youth. Tonight, I want you to explore and identify
POSITIVE uses of Social Networking, Blogs, Journals and the Internet. How young is too young for Blogs?
What sites did you find? What kind of lesson would you develop?"

I know what I wrote, but I'm curious to see what YOU guys think. Are there actually benefits for our elementary students and teachers to utilize social networking sites as well as blogs? What about high schoolers? Is there a way to incorporate them in to the classroom? 

No comments:

Post a Comment